- Consumer Behaviour
- Direct Marketing
- Free Tools
- Latest News
- Market Research
- Marketing Consulting
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Tools
- Referral marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Social Media
- Website Design
- Word of Mouth
- 10 Things You Can Do Today To Improve Your Marketing 7 comment(s)
- How To Set Up Google Authorship On Your Blog 5 comment(s)
- 5 Ways To Attract More Customers For Free 5 comment(s)
- 6 Marketing Statistics That Could Change Your Marketing Strategy 5 comment(s)
- 3 Common Marketing Mistakes You Can Avoid 4 comment(s)
- Some Useful Marketing Tools for Your Small Business 4 comment(s)
- Three Marketing Lessons Learnt in 2010 4 comment(s)
- Is Your Business Mobile Ready? 4 comment(s)
- How To Get Back Your Marketing Mojo 3 comment(s)
- Some Useful Marketing Facts About Twitter and Facebook 3 comment(s)
20 Ways To Generate More Sales Leads
Generating a steady flow of sales leads should be the goal of any business.
But it is one area that many businesses have difficulty, mostly because they don’t have the marketing system in place to generate those leads.
Many businesses also rely on one or two sources of leads. This is dangerous because if those sources dry up, so does your revenue.
So if you want to stop those leads from drying up, here are 20 others you can use to drive more sales leads into your business.
1. Leverage your friends and family. Make sure your friends and family know exactly what you do and can explain it to others. They can be a great source of referrals.
2. Improve your external signage. Signage plays an important role in business branding. Make sure customers know who you are and what you do when they walk past your business.
3. Join a networking group. With networking you need to be a farmer, not a hunter. Cultivate your relationships and the leads will often flow.
4. Improve your calls-to-action. Calls-to-action tell the prospect what you want them to do. Use words such as “Buy Now”, “Pay Here”, “Sign Up Now” and you will get more prospects to take action.
5. Use Email Marketing. Email consistently returns around $40 for every $1 spent on it. Send your prospects and current customers regular emails to invite them back to your business.
6. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Good SEO makes sure your business can be found when prospects look for the service you offer on Google. Learn it, or pay someone to do it for you to generate more leads through your website.
7. Use Mail Drops. Mail drops are still a good source of leads. Just make sure you have a good headline, offer and call to action.
8. Advertising. If you have the budget, TV and radio are still great at providing leads. Also, radio is not as expensive as you might think.
9. Facebook Offers. It’s not open to all business pages yet, but check out Facebook offers when it is. It allows you to place offers on your business pages for free.
10. Form alliances. Align your business with other businesses with the same target market that are non-competitive. They can become great sources of referrals.
11. Provide a sample. Sampling is the best way to seed your market. Give the customer an opportunity to use your product free or give them access to the full product for a limited time. If they find it invaluable, chances are they will buy.
12. Forum marketing. Many industries have online forums that are full of potential prospects. By offering help and guidance as an authority in these forums, you can generate good sales leads.
13. Call lapsed customers. Sometimes you just need to pick up the phone. Call customers who haven’t bought for a while. Say hello and find out what they are up to. You’ll be surprised how many leads this can bring.
14. Brand your car. Vehicle advertising is easy to do with removable car magnets. They don’t cost much and you can turn your car into a mobile billboard. You can buy your own through the Car Magnets website.
15. Use Fridge Magnets. Fridge magnets might seem old school but they still work, particularly with tradesmen and local restaurants. Try the Fridge Magnet Factory for these.
16. Publish an article. Many publications accept and publish articles from individuals if they are well written. This positions you as an expert and is another good source of advertising.
17. Improve your retail display. Many retail businesses underestimate the importance of displaying products well. A good display creates a great first impression, which invariably leads to more sales.
18. Create a mobile app. There are many great examples of lead generating apps. Check out Commonwealth Bank Property Guide for one. It generates home loan leads for the bank. Not cheap, but a great tool.
19. Advertise on mobile apps. A hot new trend in advertising are deal apps that provide smartphone users with offers based on their location. Check out mobile apps such as Adhunter.
20. Affiliate marketing. Common in the online world, affiliate marketing is essentially paying someone a small commission to sell your product for you. It can work for offline businesses as well.
So there you have it: 20 ways you can fill your sales funnel. There are, of course, many more but pick out a couple, try them and see what works for you.
Ideally, any business should have about 7 ways of generating sales leads. If you’ve only got one or two, then try a few of these to get your business booming.
You may also like
You may also like
Marketing HQ Community
Subscribe to our blog
Get others involved
20 Ways To Generate More Sales LeadsTweet