- Don’t Look Now, But Your Unique Selling Point Is Staring Right At You. 14 comments
- 10 Things You Can Do Today To Improve Your Marketing 5 comments
- 3 Common Marketing Mistakes You Can Avoid 4 comments
- Some Useful Marketing Tools for Your Small Business 4 comments
- 5 Ways To Attract More Customers For Free 4 comments
- 6 Marketing Statistics That Could Change Your Marketing Strategy 4 comments
- Is Your Business Mobile Ready? 4 comments
- 3 Branding Lessons from A Savvy Small Business Owner 3 comments
- 52 Marketing Tips To Help Turn Your Great Idea Into A Business 3 comments
- How To Unleash The Power Of Gratitude To Grow Your Business 3 comments
How To Choose The Right Social Media Platform For Your Business
Social media is everywhere. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and Google+ are the main platforms – but which of these would best suit your business?
That decision is dictated by the type of your business, your target market and your available resources to devote to social media.
Here are a few things to consider in order to decide what platforms are right for you:
- Who is your target market? The platforms you choose depend on the profile of the customer you are targeting.
- Take it slow. Start off with 1–2 platforms, and invest the time and resources into ensuring these are right – and then build from there.
- Connect your online campaign with your offline campaign. Ensure you place your ‘connect with us’ social media icons and links on all of your print marketing material.
- Be the expert in your profession. Social media can help build your credibility and exposure with your peers and also helps build a loyal fan base to create referrals and leads for your business.
- Try new and different things on social media. You don’t know how they’ll work unless you give them a try. You’ll also attract different types of clients through different platforms.
- Take a long-term view. Status updates, tweets, blogs, e-newsletters and other tools need to be consistently used to see results.
- Measure everything. Facebook Insights is a great tool that provides detailed statistical information that helps you understand who is ‘liking’ or ‘sharing’ your post. Ensure that each new lead is then tracked to see what platform is meeting your goals.
- Be real and be open – share who you really are. Your audience will detect if you are being fake.
With just over 50%* of the Australian population with a Facebook account, social media’s popularity cannot be ignored. The key is to build a social media strategy that is right for your business! Remember, the time involved to maintain all social media platforms does require commitment, both in time and resources. Do not lose sight of your goals to increase your brand awareness and generate leads. Over time, you will reap the rewards.
*Source: Adcorp 2012
You may also like
Marketing HQ Community
Subscribe to our blog
Get others involved
How To Choose The Right Social Media Platform For Your BusinessTweet