- How to create a promotional flyer that actually attracts customers
- Is your business mobile ready?
- How Marketing Is Like A Game Of Footy
- MarketingHQ reappointed by Toy and Game Expo
- 3 reasons you must invest in good graphic design
- The Devil Is Sometimes In The Detail
- How To Get More Customer Testimonials
- 6 Marketing Statistics That Could Change Your Marketing Strategy
- How To Write Content Time Bombs
- Case Study: How Finding Their Brand Essence Grew Expect A Star By 24%
10 Ways To Lose Customers
We are always talking about how to attract more customers.
So, I thought I’d go the opposite way and give you some tips on how to lose customers. Do any or all of these and I’m sure you won’t have any customers at all. The sad thing is, most of these have happened to me and one as recent as yesterday. Enjoy…
1. Substitute Products Without My Consent.
So I’ve just ordered a range of items from your on-line store. If the product I want isn’t available, don’t substitute it for another. Just take it off the order and let me know it was out of stock.
2. Provide A Quote and Charge Me More.
Yeah, love getting a quote and getting charged more on the invoice. What was the point of the quote? If it was an estimate, I would be more forgiving.
3. Take My Reservation But Have Nothing Available.
Yes, just like the Seinfeld episode it happened to me with a car hire company. Holiday plans thrown in complete disarray as three days before arrival, I get a call saying they don’t have a car available. Sorry sir, there’s nothing we can do. Well there is something I can do. I won’t use you again and I’ll tell all my friends how bad your customer service is.
4. Give Me An 8 hour Window For When You Will Turn Up.
Yes, I’ve got nothing better to do that sit around and wait for you all day.
5. Add Me To Your Email Database Without Asking Me First
This is just rude. Look up the definition of “opt-in” and at least ask me first.
6. Advertise A Product On Sale And Have No Stock
Yes, I’ve seen the ad for your special and come to your store to make a purchase. Really happy that what you have advertised is not available…
7. Say You Will Call Me Back And Don’t
My time is valuable too you know. If you’re that busy that you can’t call me back, then I’m too busy to buy anything from you.
8. Use A Foreign Call Centre To Sell Me Your Product
The dead giveaway on this is the 1-2 second delay that occurs when you get a call from a foreign call centre. If there is a delay, I hang up. It’s that simple.
9. Send Me A Sales Proposal With Another Company Name In It
Obviously you have tailored the proposal specific to my needs. That’s why another company name is on it.
10. Don’t Show Up And Don’t Call Me
I’m really sorry for you that you got held up at your other job and couldn’t make it. Did you drop your phone into the pool as well? Make the call!
So there you have it. I feel better getting a few of those off my chest. I’m sure you’ve got some rippers as well. Feel free to share them in the comments below. Now time for a lie down…
You may also like
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_related_posts() in /clientdata/apache-www/m/a/marketinghq.com.au/www/wp-content/themes/market/single.php on line 56