- How to create a promotional flyer that actually attracts customers
- Is your business mobile ready?
- How Marketing Is Like A Game Of Footy
- MarketingHQ reappointed by Toy and Game Expo
- 3 reasons you must invest in good graphic design
- The Devil Is Sometimes In The Detail
- How To Get More Customer Testimonials
- 6 Marketing Statistics That Could Change Your Marketing Strategy
- How To Write Content Time Bombs
- Case Study: How Finding Their Brand Essence Grew Expect A Star By 24%
Don’t Over Complicate Marketing
Marketing is simple if you know what you are doing. The trouble is that many people over-complicate it using jargon and fancy words that confuse everyone (even me sometimes). Here are some simple ways to think about some key marketing concepts that you might come across.
Target market – People that are more likely to buy from you than anyone else. Find them.
Market research – Open your eyes, look around you and see what’s going on. Take it all in and use the information to build a better business.
Branding – Who are you?
Brand positioning – What makes you different to everyone else?
Key messages – Why are you different to everyone else?
Advertising – Tell people the people most likely to buy from you, WHY they should buy from you.
Tagline – Give me one really good reason I should buy from you.
Brand essence – Describe yourself to me in one word.
Brand promise – What can I expect from you ALL the time?
Brand reputation – What do other people think of you?
Longtail keywords – Sentences people type into Google to find stuff.
Value proposition – Why should I buy from you and not someone else?
I could go on but do you see my point? We sometimes use fancy words to describe marketing theories but the concepts are actually quite simple, even basic. Try not to make marketing more complicated than it is. The thing to remember is that good marketing is simple marketing.
Please feel free to comment below and try to come up with some of your own. You’ll find it quite addictive….
You may also like
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_related_posts() in /clientdata/apache-www/m/a/marketinghq.com.au/www/wp-content/themes/market/single.php on line 56